Sunday, October 21, 2007

formerly known as Stuckey's, pt. 2


As you can tell from the pictures, both the business and the building are now long gone.

But some years back there was a Stuckey's in Thornburg just off I-95.


My wife & I would often stop by either heading to or from southeastern Virginia.


The Shell sign doesn't quite cover the white paint that mostly covers the Stuckey's logo beneath it all.


Can't say if this fireworks sign came along after the Stuckey's was no more. I do recall some elaborate fireworks packages, one with a rebel theme.


But my wife liked to get a box of pralines for her dad.


I liked the milk shakes. And browsing the novelty baseball caps that bore expressions like: Beauty is just a light switch away.

It was a bit like stepping into a 90s Country Pop song. A song that played a million times but you never hear on the radio anymore.


Nearby is what seems to be a former Texaco station that I don't rightly recall. An older song maybe.


Previous links:
Formerly known as Stuckey's, pt. 1 (Toano VA, 2007).

Pictures of Stuckey's
(Toano VA, 1999).

No comments: